You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution East View Information Services Remove constraint Publishing Institution: East View Information Services Political Geography Russia Remove constraint Political Geography: Russia
- Author: A. Orlov
- Publication Date: 06-2014
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: East View Information Services
- Abstract: Today, we are watching how the present stage of world history is coming to an end amid great or even fundamental changes of the geopolitical picture of the world. The twenty-five-year-long partnership between Russia and the West (never easy and never straightforward), which began back in the last years of Soviet perestroika, has ended. It will be probably replaced with a new structure of international cooperation much more pragmatic and devoid of illusions and exaggerated expectations nurtured by Russia rather than the West. It is wrong to expect that when the situation in Ukraine has been stabilized (it will be stabilized sooner or later) the world (or at least the part which stretches from Vladivostok in the east to Vancouver in the west) will go back to its pre-crisis state. There is no way back. The old bridges were burned while new bridges have not yet been built. The paradigm of world development geared at the prospects of long-term partnership (which, for a long time, had looked the only option) was destroyed.
- Topic: International Cooperation, Politics, History, Geopolitics
- Political Geography: Russia, Europe, Ukraine, United States of America