You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution Danish Institute for International Studies Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Danish Institute for International Studies Political Geography Latin America Remove constraint Political Geography: Latin America Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Topic Regional Cooperation Remove constraint Topic: Regional Cooperation
- Author: Vladimir Cossio, Rocío Bustamante, Thomas Skielboe
- Publication Date: 06-2010
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Danish Institute for International Studies
- Abstract: Recent years have witnessed an increasing focus on water as a source of conflict. So far, much of the focus has been on the risk for transboundary water conflicts. Our current knowledge on local water conflicts is however more limited, and tends to be based on sporadic accounts of local water conflicts rather than on systematic empirical evidence. At the same time, the extent and nature of local water cooperation is often overlooked, just as we know little about the particular role of the poorest in water conflict and cooperation.
- Topic: Conflict Resolution, Regional Cooperation, Natural Resources
- Political Geography: Latin America