You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution Danish Institute for International Studies Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Danish Institute for International Studies Political Geography Europe Remove constraint Political Geography: Europe Topic Immigration Remove constraint Topic: Immigration
- Author: Nauja Kleist, Ida Vammen
- Publication Date: 07-2012
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Danish Institute for International Studies
- Abstract: Migrants send remittances three times worth official development aid to developing countries, reaching an estimated 325 USD Billion in 2012. Transnational migrant and diaspora organizations support social service, infrastructural and reconstruction projects – such as schools and hospitals – in their erstwhile home regions. Finally diaspora professionals contribute to reconstruction and development processes through temporary or long-term return. How can donors partner with them and support their contributions?
- Topic: Development, Migration, Foreign Aid, Immigration, Infrastructure, Fragile/Failed State
- Political Geography: Europe