You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution Danish Institute for International Studies Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Danish Institute for International Studies Political Geography Arabia Remove constraint Political Geography: Arabia Topic Insurgency Remove constraint Topic: Insurgency
- Author: Helle Malmvig
- Publication Date: 08-2013
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Danish Institute for International Studies
- Abstract: The Middle East regional security order is under rapid transformation. The Arab Uprisings and the Syrian War are changing not only the relationship between state and societies, but also some of the region's core norms and historical divisions. This report analyses key changes in regional security order the Middle East in the period after 2010. It identifies five key issues where regional order is changing: State-society relations Relations with the West and foreign policy posturing The impact of the Iran-Syria –Hezbollah Axis (the Resistance Front) and radical-moderate divide The Sunni-Shia rift and the rise of identity politics The Saudi-Qatar rivaling, and the role of the Muslim Brotherhood.
- Topic: Conflict Resolution, Security, Civil War, Islam, Insurgency
- Political Geography: Middle East, Arabia, Syria, Qatar