You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution Centre for Non-Traditional Security Studies (NTS) Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Centre for Non-Traditional Security Studies (NTS) Political Geography Israel Remove constraint Political Geography: Israel Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Topic Conflict Prevention Remove constraint Topic: Conflict Prevention
- Publication Date: 12-2010
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Centre for Non-Traditional Security Studies (NTS)
- Abstract: Much literature on energy security in East Asia has focused on the dynamics of competition over resources, and how conflicts could arise from this. While this analytical perspective identifies potential risks and is conducive to the proposing of pre-emptive solutions to likely problems, it also risks precluding necessary attention to the possibilities for cooperation between states in the region. While the themes of competition and conflict will continue to be relevant in discussions on East Asian states and societies, it ought to be a useful exercise to review case studies of how countries in East Asia have managed to overcome their respective vulnerabilities and thus meet their energy needs. Such knowledge can in turn contribute to the exploration of cooperation-based solutions for addressing energy security in the region.
- Topic: Conflict Prevention, Security, Energy Policy
- Political Geography: Israel, East Asia