You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution Centre for International Governance Innovation Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Centre for International Governance Innovation Political Geography Afghanistan Remove constraint Political Geography: Afghanistan Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Topic Foreign Aid Remove constraint Topic: Foreign Aid
- Author: Ben Rowswell
- Publication Date: 08-2011
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Centre for International Governance Innovation
- Abstract: As a result of international state-building efforts, progress has been made in Afghanistan, however, political dysfunction and a lack of accountability remain problems. It has been suggested that failures of accountability may, in fact, be a product of the state- building effort itself. In the hybrid form of governance where authority is divided between the government and the international community, it can be difficult for the population to determine where accountability lies, leading to feelings of frustration and disempowerment.
- Topic: Foreign Policy, Development, War, Foreign Aid, Infrastructure
- Political Geography: Afghanistan