You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution Centre for European Policy Studies Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Centre for European Policy Studies Political Geography Russia Remove constraint Political Geography: Russia Topic International Security Remove constraint Topic: International Security
- Author: Andrey S. Makarychev
- Publication Date: 02-2009
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Centre for European Policy Studies
- Abstract: The paper first summarises Russia's present critique of the international security architecture and its aspiration to build something new and better. The author then presents a matrix of four models of international society as a framework within which to try and discern what Russia may be seeking. While it is clear that Russia objects to one of these models, that of a unipolar US-led world, its current foreign policy discourse and actions offer no clear guidance as to what its aims are in this regard, as there are confusions and contradictions in the different elements of official Russian discourse.
- Topic: Foreign Policy, International Security
- Political Geography: Russia, Europe