You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution Center on International Cooperation Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Center on International Cooperation Political Geography China Remove constraint Political Geography: China Topic Regional Cooperation Remove constraint Topic: Regional Cooperation
- Author: Elsina Wainwright
- Publication Date: 04-2010
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Center on International Cooperation
- Abstract: The Asia Pacific has experienced thirty years without interstate conflict, but a number of long-running, low-level internal conflicts continue in Southeast Asia, and several South Pacific states have recent experience of instability. Tensions also remain at the inter-state level, and shifting power dynamics between the US, China, and other Asian states have the potential to foster regional instability. In addition, a raft of transnational threats, such as resource scarcity and climate change, are creating new uncertainty.
- Topic: Conflict Prevention, Political Violence, International Cooperation, Regional Cooperation, International Affairs
- Political Geography: United States, China, Australia/Pacific, Southeast Asia