You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution Center for Strategic and International Studies Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Center for Strategic and International Studies Political Geography Southeast Asia Remove constraint Political Geography: Southeast Asia Topic Foreign Policy Remove constraint Topic: Foreign Policy
- Author: Murray Hiebert, Gregory B. Poling, Ted Osius
- Publication Date: 09-2013
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Center for Strategic and International Studies
- Abstract: The U.S.- Indonesia relationship is critical to the national interests of both nations, and will only grow more so in the years to come. The catch words are now well- known. Indonesia is the world's fourth largest country and third largest democracy. It is the largest Muslim- majority nation, one of the most pluralistic societies on the planet. Its political system provides proof that democratic norms and values are not dependent on culture, history, or religion.
- Topic: Foreign Policy, Development, Diplomacy, Economics, Science and Technology, Bilateral Relations, Foreign Aid
- Political Geography: United States, Indonesia, Southeast Asia