You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution Carnegie Endowment for International Peace Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Carnegie Endowment for International Peace Political Geography China Remove constraint Political Geography: China Topic Globalization Remove constraint Topic: Globalization
- Author: Yukon Huang
- Publication Date: 11-2010
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- Abstract: China has in recent years capitalized on its huge, diverse population and geographical expanse to transform itself into the world's most efficient assembler and exporter of a wide range of manufactured goods. In achieving this development, it has followed a strategy essentially based on the New Economic Geography, which explains how lower transportation costs and concentration of economic activities foster economies of scale and explosive urbanization.
- Topic: Economics, Globalization, Industrial Policy
- Political Geography: China