You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research Remove constraint Publishing Institution: American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research Political Geography Iraq Remove constraint Political Geography: Iraq Topic Foreign Policy Remove constraint Topic: Foreign Policy
- Author: Karlyn H. Bowman
- Publication Date: 09-2004
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research
- Abstract: Polls should not be used to make policy whether the issue is sending troops into battle or shoring up Social Security. They are too crude for that purpose. That said, policy makers need to be aware of what the public is thinking. That is what this collection is designed to do. We are very grateful for the cooperation the pollsters have given us in making the collection possible. The document is a work in progress. We began putting it together in late September 2001, and we have updated it almost every week, adding new sections as new issues have arisen. With 14 national pollsters in the field on a regular basis, the polling environment has become very competitive. The different ways that pollsters approach a topic and the responses they receive are often useful in understanding what Americans are thinking.
- Topic: International Relations, Foreign Policy, Terrorism
- Political Geography: Iraq, America, Middle East