You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution Academy of Political Science Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Academy of Political Science Political Geography Washington Remove constraint Political Geography: Washington Publication Year within 25 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 25 Years Topic Democratization Remove constraint Topic: Democratization
- Author: Rafael López Pintor, María Félix Herrera
- Publication Date: 03-2007
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Academy of Political Science
- Abstract: The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES), based in Washington in DC, carried out a technical assistance program in support of the 2006 electoral process in Nicaragua, starting in October 2005. The counterpart institution was the Supreme Electoral Council, which together with IFES proceeded to define those areas in which IFES could collaborate. These were concentrated mainly in the fields of public information regarding the verification of the voter registration list, the preparation and distribution of voter identity cards and the direct training of members of the voting tables in all 153 municipalities in the country.
- Topic: Civil Society, Democratization, Development, Politics
- Political Geography: Washington, Latin America