You searched for: Content Type Video Remove constraint Content Type: Video Political Geography United States Remove constraint Political Geography: United States Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Topic Arms Control and Proliferation Remove constraint Topic: Arms Control and Proliferation
- Author: Henry Sokolski
- Publication Date: 03-2018
- Content Type: Video
- Institution: James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies
- Abstract: With the recent visit of Saudi Crown Prince, Mohammad bin Salman, there is keen interest in finalizing a civil nuclear cooperative agreement. Trump officials have also said they intend to renew or strike additional civil nuclear deals with Jordan, Egypt, and Turkey. How necessary and economically competitive is nuclear power in the Middle East for desalination and producing electricity compared to non-nuclear alternatives? In the Saudi case, is a Russian, Chinese, or French reactor sale likely? What are the nonproliferation implications of allowing Riyadh to enrich and reprocess, either now or in the future? Speaker: Henry Sokolski, Executive Director of the Nonproliferation Policy Education Center, and Former Deputy for Nonproliferation Policy in the Cheney Pentagon.
- Topic: Arms Control and Proliferation, Nuclear Weapons, Nuclear Power, Nonproliferation
- Political Geography: United States, Global Focus
- Author: Admiral Mike Mullen
- Publication Date: 04-2010
- Content Type: Video
- Institution: Columbia University World Leaders Forum
- Abstract: This World Leaders Forum program features a discussion by Admiral Mike Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Admiral Mullen will engage with members of the University and New York City community on a variety of topics about the future of the military, including efforts to enhance educational and economic opportunities for today's military veterans. Launching a series of events around the country, Admiral Mullen's visit to Columbia University will begin a dialogue with communities throughout the nation. Admiral Mullen will share his own ideas on issues facing the military, its veterans and learn the concerns of the American public, starting in New York City at Columbia. Followed by a question and answer session with the audience.
- Topic: Arms Control and Proliferation
- Political Geography: United States, New York