You searched for: Content Type Video Remove constraint Content Type: Video Political Geography Iraq Remove constraint Political Geography: Iraq Topic War Remove constraint Topic: War
- Author: Tim Eaton, Lina Khatib, Renad Mansour, Paul Salem
- Publication Date: 10-2017
- Content Type: Video
- Institution: Middle East Institute (MEI)
- Abstract: The Middle East Institute (MEI) hosted Chatham House experts Tim Eaton, Lina Khatib, and Renad Mansour for a discussion on the collapse of central authority and its economic impacts across states in the Middle East and North Africa. MEI senior vice president for policy analysis, research, and programs Paul Salem moderated. The panel explored the development of the war economies of Syria, Libya, and Iraq, examined the commonalities and differences in the three cases, and discussed the challenges of combating the economic power of armed insurgents.
- Topic: War, Non State Actors, Economy, Conflict
- Political Geography: Iraq, Middle East, Libya, Syria