You searched for: Content Type Video Remove constraint Content Type: Video Publishing Institution The Brookings Institution Remove constraint Publishing Institution: The Brookings Institution Political Geography Japan Remove constraint Political Geography: Japan Publication Year within 25 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 25 Years
- Author: Nathan Hultman
- Publication Date: 04-2011
- Content Type: Video
- Institution: The Brookings Institution
- Abstract: As the depth of the disaster at the Fukushima nuclear plant in Japan becomes more clear, a long-expected increase in the global use of nuclear power to replace fossil fuels may slow down. Nonresident Fellow Nathan Hultman says planned nuclear plants in the United States and around the world were already suffering from high costs and questions about effective regulation - now, the safety concerns raised by Fukushima may increase opposition to new nuclear projects.
- Topic: Energy Policy, Natural Disasters, Nuclear Power
- Political Geography: United States, Japan