You searched for: Content Type Special Report Remove constraint Content Type: Special Report Political Geography Asia Remove constraint Political Geography: Asia Topic Conflict Prevention Remove constraint Topic: Conflict Prevention
- Publication Date: 05-2019
- Content Type: Special Report
- Institution: United States Institute of Peace
- Abstract: This is the second in the Senior Study Group (SSG) series of USIP reports examining China’s influence on conflicts around the world. A group of fifteen experts met from September to December 2018 to assess China’s interests and influence in bringing about a durable settlement of the North Korean nuclear crisis. This report provides recommendations for the United States to assume a more effective role in shaping the future of North Korea in light of China’s role and interests. Unless otherwise sourced, all observations and conclusions are those of SSG members.
- Topic: Conflict Prevention, Nuclear Weapons, Conflict, Negotiation, Peace
- Political Geography: China, Asia, South Korea, North Korea