You searched for: Content Type Special Report Remove constraint Content Type: Special Report Political Geography Arab Countries Remove constraint Political Geography: Arab Countries Topic Security Remove constraint Topic: Security
- Author: Benan Grams
- Publication Date: 04-2016
- Content Type: Special Report
- Institution: Center for Contemporary Arab Studies
- Abstract: After four years of being unable to travel to see my home and family in Damascus during what Syrians refer to as “The Crisis,” I am now visiting them for the third time in recent months. The political chaos that swept the country between 2011 and 2015 created high levels of uncertainty about who might be perceived as a threat to the regime, while the deteriorating security conditions elevated the risk of kidnapping and blackmailing. Although for an outsider, the situation does not seem to have become any safer, Syrians, particularly in Damascus, have learned to adapt to the current situation and find a sense of stability in the chaos.
- Topic: Security, Arab Spring, Syrian War, Revolution
- Political Geography: Middle East, Arab Countries, Syria, Damascus