You searched for: Content Type Special Report Remove constraint Content Type: Special Report Publishing Institution The Carter Center Remove constraint Publishing Institution: The Carter Center Publication Year within 1 Year Remove constraint Publication Year: within 1 Year Topic Human Rights Remove constraint Topic: Human Rights
- Publication Date: 03-2019
- Content Type: Special Report
- Institution: The Carter Center
- Abstract: The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development sets peace, justice and strong institutions as goals for the international community to work toward, along with participatory decision-making at all levels and equal representation and participation of women in public affairs (Goals 5.5 and 16.7).1 The Human Rights Council stressed “the critical importance of equal and effective participation in political and public affairs for democracy, the rule of law, social inclusion, economic development and advancing gender equality, and for the realization of all human rights and fundamental freedoms.” 2 As part of their broad mandate to protect and promote human rights, national human rights institutions (NHRIs) have a key role to play in protecting and promoting the right to participate in public affairs.
- Topic: Human Rights, International Affairs
- Political Geography: Global Focus