You searched for: Content Type Special Report Remove constraint Content Type: Special Report Publishing Institution Middle East Research Institute (MERI) Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Middle East Research Institute (MERI) Political Geography Iraq Remove constraint Political Geography: Iraq
- Author: Dylan O’Driscoll, Dave van Zoonen
- Publication Date: 03-2017
- Content Type: Special Report
- Institution: Middle East Research Institute (MERI)
- Abstract: This report views the Hashd al-Shaabi (Popular Mobilisation Forces, PMF) as having played an intrinsic role in the provision of security in Iraq since the dramatic rise of the Islamic State (IS). However, through the lens of nationalism it analyses the negative role the PMF may play once IS is defeated. The report therefore presents suggestions to deal with the perceived threat of the PMF in the short to medium term.
- Topic: International Relations, International Security
- Political Geography: Iraq