You searched for: Content Type Special Report Remove constraint Content Type: Special Report Publishing Institution Korea Economic Institute of America (KEI) Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Korea Economic Institute of America (KEI) Political Geography Asia Remove constraint Political Geography: Asia Topic International Affairs Remove constraint Topic: International Affairs
- Author: Kim Heung-kyu
- Publication Date: 08-2017
- Content Type: Special Report
- Institution: Korea Economic Institute of America (KEI)
- Abstract: Although we are only into the first months of the Trump administration, many Koreans recognize that the U.S.-led, market-oriented, liberal international order has been severely shaken. In the background, the rapid rise of China and rather successful economic reforms under Xi Jinping have dramatically reduced its vulnerability and sensitivity to the United States. As one power’s grip is shaken and another’s is energized, two different orders are emerging in East Asia. We accordingly witness a “Clash of Titans,” the fallout from which could be fatal to the security and economy of the Republic of Korea.
- Topic: International Political Economy, International Affairs
- Political Geography: Asia