You searched for: Content Type Special Report Remove constraint Content Type: Special Report Publishing Institution Danish Institute for International Studies Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Danish Institute for International Studies Political Geography Nepal Remove constraint Political Geography: Nepal Publication Year within 3 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 3 Years Publication Year within 25 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 25 Years
- Author: Ian Christoplos
- Publication Date: 08-2016
- Content Type: Special Report
- Institution: Danish Institute for International Studies
- Abstract: The Paris climate agreement established a new framework for global climate governance that is firmly anchored in national plans and commitments. But who is actually going to take the next steps to implement these plans on the ground and what are the incentives and obstacles they face in moving from words to action? Many have pointed to the important role of local governments and other sub-national institutions, not least in developing countries where the task of adapting to climate change is considerable. Yet little is known about the way such sub-national institutions are responding to climate change, and how they interact with the central state and local communities in practice.
- Topic: Climate Change, Environment, Climate Finance, Political and institutional effectiveness
- Political Geography: Uganda, Vietnam, Nepal, Zambia