You searched for: Content Type Special Report Remove constraint Content Type: Special Report Publishing Institution Danish Institute for International Studies Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Danish Institute for International Studies Political Geography Arctic Remove constraint Political Geography: Arctic Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Topic Security Remove constraint Topic: Security
- Author: Mikkel Runge Olesen, Camilla Tenna Nørup Sørensen
- Publication Date: 12-2019
- Content Type: Special Report
- Institution: Danish Institute for International Studies
- Abstract: The Arctic is increasingly becoming a region marked by great power competition between the US, Russia and China. This has caused trouble for the Nordic countries in the Arctic, who has had to handle and defuse both potential tensions with both Russia and China, and at the same manage relations with the US – their great power protector – whose new approach to the Artic now openly focuses on Russian and China as strategic competitors in the Arctic. Building on interviews, official documents and the existing literature, this report looks into the experiences from Finland, Norway and Iceland in dealing with this dilemma with the aim of identifying points for consideration by Denmark.
- Topic: Security, Foreign Policy, Defense Policy, Power Politics
- Political Geography: Europe, Finland, Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Arctic