You searched for: Content Type Special Report Remove constraint Content Type: Special Report Publishing Institution Clingendael Netherlands Institute for International Relations Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Clingendael Netherlands Institute for International Relations Political Geography Europe Remove constraint Political Geography: Europe Publication Year within 3 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 3 Years Topic Migration Remove constraint Topic: Migration
- Author: Willemijn Tiekstra, Wouter Zweers
- Publication Date: 09-2018
- Content Type: Special Report
- Institution: Clingendael Netherlands Institute for International Relations
- Abstract: The increased arrival of refugees and migrants in Italy in 2015 revealed that the EU was not prepared to cope with an increased inﬂow of refugees and migrants into its territory. In 2015, the year that saw an unprecedented number of irregular migrants and refugees crossing the Mediterranean, a comprehensive approach to migration was adopted in the Valletta Action Plan, acknowledging that the management of irregular migration is a responsibility for both African and EU leaders.
- Topic: Migration, Refugee Crisis
- Political Geography: Europe