You searched for: Content Type Special Report Remove constraint Content Type: Special Report Publishing Institution Clingendael Netherlands Institute for International Relations Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Clingendael Netherlands Institute for International Relations Political Geography Europe Remove constraint Political Geography: Europe Publication Year within 3 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 3 Years Topic Europe Union Remove constraint Topic: Europe Union
- Author: Margriet Drent
- Publication Date: 01-2018
- Content Type: Special Report
- Institution: Clingendael Netherlands Institute for International Relations
- Abstract: Every year is special and challenging when it comes to European integration. The highlights of 2017 were a number of high-level strategy papers and speeches such as the European Commission White Paper on the Future of Europe, the State of the Union Address by Commission President Juncker, French President Macron’s Initiative for Europe, and the Future of Europe report by President of the European Parliament Tajani. These papers and speeches all pave the way for the discussions on improving and deepening the European Union in the months towards the European elections in spring 2019. The upcoming EP elections will be different from earlier elections as the current discussions aim to offer political choices to ensure the elections are content-based.
- Topic: International Affairs, Europe Union
- Political Geography: Europe