You searched for: Content Type Special Report Remove constraint Content Type: Special Report Publishing Institution Centre for International Governance Innovation Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Centre for International Governance Innovation Political Geography Iraq Remove constraint Political Geography: Iraq
- Author: Bessma Momani
- Publication Date: 09-2017
- Content Type: Special Report
- Institution: Centre for International Governance Innovation
- Abstract: The Kurds of Iraq have been patiently waiting for the right time to secede from the troubled state. Monday's referendum turnout was high and the result was clear: 92 per cent are overwhelmingly in favour of independence. While many Kurds felt the time was right to have a referendum on the question of independence, it is the worst time for all regional stakeholders and the Kurds may have made it more difficult for themselves to realize their national dream.
- Topic: International Security, International Affairs
- Political Geography: Iraq, Kurdistan