You searched for: Content Type Special Report Remove constraint Content Type: Special Report Publishing Institution Center for Strategic and International Studies Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Center for Strategic and International Studies Political Geography Global Focus Remove constraint Political Geography: Global Focus Topic Climate Change Remove constraint Topic: Climate Change
- Author: Emmy Simmons
- Publication Date: 01-2017
- Content Type: Special Report
- Institution: Center for Strategic and International Studies
- Abstract: Renewed and expanded international collaboration to anticipate and prepare for recurring storms of food insecurity is essential. Afghanistan, Nigeria, and Syria are examples that vividly underscore the explosiveness of situations in which people find themselves unable to get the food they want and need. The experiences of post-conflict countries highlight some critical issues that need to be prioritized in order to regain sustainable food security. Averting future storms will require the recognition that food security challenges will extend long beyond 2030, political leadership must be visibly committed to these issues, and actions to reduce fragmentation of effort will be critical.
- Topic: Climate Change, Environment, Food Security, Political stability
- Political Geography: Global Focus