You searched for: Content Type Special Report Remove constraint Content Type: Special Report Publishing Institution Institute for the Study of War Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Institute for the Study of War Political Geography Iraq Remove constraint Political Geography: Iraq Publication Year within 3 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 3 Years
- Author: Jessa Rose Dury-Agri, Omer Kassim, Patrick Martin
- Publication Date: 12-2017
- Content Type: Special Report
- Institution: Institute for the Study of War
- Abstract: The liberation of the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham’s (ISIS) urban holdings in Iraq was necessary but not sufficient to secure America’s vital national interests. ISIS has lost neither the will nor the capability to fight, even as it withdraws into desert hideouts and sleeper cell formations in November 2017. Rather, dispersed ISIS militants have begun an insurgent campaign in northern and western Iraq as some of its foreign fighters have returned to their home countries to serve in ISIS’s external operations network.
- Topic: Islam, War, International Security
- Political Geography: Iraq, Middle East