You searched for: Content Type Special Report Remove constraint Content Type: Special Report Publishing Institution Institute for the Study of War Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Institute for the Study of War Political Geography Global Focus Remove constraint Political Geography: Global Focus Topic International Security Remove constraint Topic: International Security
- Author: Harleen Gambhir
- Publication Date: 07-2015
- Content Type: Special Report
- Institution: Institute for the Study of War
- Abstract: The United States currently faces multiple national security threats in an environment of growing disorder. ISIS is executing a sophisticated global strategy that involves simultaneous efforts in Iraq and Syria, the Middle East and North Africa, and the wider world. Homegrown terrorism is increasing in the U.S. and Europe. Civil wars are intensifying in Ukraine, Yemen, and Libya, while the U.S. attempts to pivot to the Asia-Pacific. In this complex environment, it is difficult for policymakers to discern the consequences of action or inaction even in the near future.
- Topic: International Relations, International Security
- Political Geography: Global Focus