You searched for: Content Type Special Report Remove constraint Content Type: Special Report Publishing Institution Atlantic Council Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Atlantic Council Political Geography Russia Remove constraint Political Geography: Russia Topic International Affairs Remove constraint Topic: International Affairs
- Author: Franklin Kramer, Laura Speranza
- Publication Date: 05-2017
- Content Type: Special Report
- Institution: Atlantic Council
- Abstract: Since its takeover of Crimea in 2014, Russia has become increasingly emboldened, undertaking actions that, rather than propping up a failing regime, strike directly against the functioning of Western democracy. Employing a combination of "hybrid" actions–political, diplomatic, informational, cyber-, economic, covert and low-level force–the Kremlin has targeted countries not only on the fringes of its sphere of influence, but in the heart of Europe and even the United States.
- Topic: International Affairs
- Political Geography: Russia