You searched for: Content Type Special Report Remove constraint Content Type: Special Report Publishing Institution Atlantic Council Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Atlantic Council Political Geography Africa Remove constraint Political Geography: Africa Topic International Affairs Remove constraint Topic: International Affairs
- Author: Grant Harris
- Publication Date: 05-2017
- Content Type: Special Report
- Institution: Atlantic Council
- Abstract: African nations have rarely been perceived as essential partners in the pursuit of US national security and economic interests, but a re-assessment of Africa’s strategic importance is past due. Transnational threats emanating from the continent continue to evolve, and trade and investment relationships have deepened. A better and broader understanding of the threats and opportunities posed by the countries of Africa is urgently needed, both to strengthen United States-Africa bilateral relations and to create a coherent regional policy.
- Topic: International Affairs
- Political Geography: Africa