You searched for: Content Type Research Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Research Paper Political Geography Morocco Remove constraint Political Geography: Morocco Publication Year within 1 Year Remove constraint Publication Year: within 1 Year Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Topic Human Rights Remove constraint Topic: Human Rights
- Author: Rachid Chennani
- Publication Date: 04-2018
- Content Type: Research Paper
- Institution: Arab Reform Initiative (ARI)
- Abstract: The Moroccan state started to seriously interact with the human rights discourse in the early 1990s due to long domestic struggles by human rights advocates and global pressures to reform. At the same time, human rights organizations have developed and set aside much of their political lineage, taking up an active role in policy advocacy and pushing for alternatives to meet growing social and societal demands. The 2011 movement has revitalized the human rights approach to politics and social problems, and culminated a decades-long struggle to peacefully and gradually move to a social rights-based contract with the state. Such a state of affairs no longer seems far off.
- Topic: Human Rights, International Affairs
- Political Geography: Morocco