You searched for: Content Type Research Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Research Paper Political Geography Burundi Remove constraint Political Geography: Burundi Publication Year within 3 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 3 Years Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Publication Year within 1 Year Remove constraint Publication Year: within 1 Year Topic Geopolitics Remove constraint Topic: Geopolitics
- Author: Prudence Bushnell
- Publication Date: 03-2019
- Content Type: Research Paper
- Institution: Brown Journal of World Affairs
- Abstract: On 6 April 1994, the airplane carrying the presidents of Rwanda and Bu- rundi was shot out of the sky over Kigali, Rwanda. Within hours of the crash, Rwanda’s fragile power-sharing agreement negotiated in the 1993 Arusha Peace Accords became history. Fighting erupted in the streets among forces of the Hutu-dominated Rwandan interim government military and the largely Tutsi Rwandan Patriotic Front (RPF). Moderate members of the Hutu opposition and Tutsi political figures and citizens became the first targets for slaughter.
- Topic: International Relations, Foreign Policy, Defense Policy, Geopolitics, Leadership
- Political Geography: United States, Rwanda, Burundi