You searched for: Content Type Research Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Research Paper Political Geography America Remove constraint Political Geography: America Publication Year within 1 Year Remove constraint Publication Year: within 1 Year Topic International Political Economy Remove constraint Topic: International Political Economy
- Author: Michael D Bordo
- Publication Date: 09-2018
- Content Type: Research Paper
- Institution: The Cato Institute
- Abstract: The Dodd Frank Act of 2010 (DFA) was designed to overcome the sources of excessive leverage and systemic risk in the U.S. financial sector perceived to have created the Great Financial Crisis of 2007–2008. Since then, considerable controversy has swirled around the efficacy of various components of the multifaceted act. Many have been critical of the Volcker Rule, while others have praised the elevation of capital ratios and the requirements for banks to undergo periodic stress tests. However, there has been mounting concern in the financial community, Congress, and the press over the negative impact of the DFA regulations on small banks and businesses.
- Topic: International Political Economy
- Political Geography: America