You searched for: Content Type Research Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Research Paper Publishing Institution Carnegie Endowment for International Peace Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Carnegie Endowment for International Peace Topic International Security Remove constraint Topic: International Security
- Author: Eugene Rumer, Richard Sokolsky, Paul Stronski, Andrew Weiss
- Publication Date: 02-2017
- Content Type: Research Paper
- Institution: Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- Abstract: The U.S.-Russian relationship is broken, and it cannot be repaired quickly or easily. Improved personal ties between President Donald Trump and President Vladimir Putin may be useful, but they are not enough. The Trump administration needs to temper expectations about breakthroughs or grand bargains with Moscow. Instead, the focus should be on managing a volatile relationship with an increasingly emboldened and unpredictable Russian leadership. The real test for any sustainable approach will be whether it advances U.S. interests and values, especially in the wake of Moscow’s reckless meddling in the November presidential election.
- Topic: International Relations, International Security, Geopolitics
- Political Geography: Global Focus