You searched for: Content Type Research Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Research Paper Publishing Institution Independent Institute Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Independent Institute Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Topic Global Political Economy Remove constraint Topic: Global Political Economy
- Author: Richard Vedder
- Publication Date: 03-2016
- Content Type: Research Paper
- Institution: Independent Institute
- Abstract: Like most economics professors, I have spent my academic lifetime examining the economic and public policy effects of issues involving the production, distribution, and consumption of goods and services—political economy, if you will. There is, however, a “political economy” to the very act of producing and disseminating economic knowledge and examining public policies. And that political economy and my assessment of it has changed over a career spanning more than half a century. In this brief article, I will confine my attention mostly to the research dimension and look at five issues, most relating to the political economy of the study of political economy.
- Topic: Global Political Economy
- Political Geography: America