You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Topic Economics Remove constraint Topic: Economics
- Author: Russel B. Scholl
- Publication Date: 07-1997
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: U.S. Economic Statistics Briefing Room
- Abstract: The net international investment position of the United States at yearend 1996 was -$870.5 billion with direct investment valued at the current cost of tangible assets, and it was -$831.3 billion with direct investment valued at the current stock-market value of owners' equity (table A, chart 1). For both measures, the value of foreign assets in the United States continued to exceed the value of U.S. assets abroad. However, for the direct investment component of the position valued on either basis, U.S. assets abroad continue to exceed foreign assets in the United States.
- Topic: Economics, International Trade and Finance
- Political Geography: United States