You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Political Geography United States Remove constraint Political Geography: United States Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Topic International Affairs Remove constraint Topic: International Affairs
- Author: Mr Alain Guidetti
- Publication Date: 07-2014
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: The Geneva Centre for Security Policy
- Abstract: President Xi Jinping's July 2014 visit to Seoul indicates that the strategic partnership between China and the Republic of Korea is moving forward against a backdrop of growing power competition and instability in the region. Both Seoul and Beijing have strong interest in close cooperation: Beijing wants to prevent a full-fledged trilateral alliance between the US, Japan and South Korea aimed at containing China's rising power Seoul needs Chinese support in its efforts to reach out to Pyongyang and work towards future reunification.
- Topic: Security, International Cooperation, International Affairs, Bilateral Relations, Governance
- Political Geography: United States, Japan, China, Beijing, Asia, South Korea