You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Political Geography Sudan Remove constraint Political Geography: Sudan Topic Politics Remove constraint Topic: Politics
- Author: Kelly Campbell
- Publication Date: 08-2007
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: United States Institute of Peace
- Abstract: Sudan's elections, scheduled to take place by July 2009, are a major milestone of the Comprehensive Peace Agreement (CPA). Domestic and international institutions are already planning for the elections, although many legal and logistical issues must be resolved before they take place. The U.S. Institute of Peace convened a meeting of the Sudan Peace Forum on July 13, 2007 to discuss the major tasks remaining in the organization of elections. The following USIPeace Briefing summarizes the status of electoral preparations and identifies critical conditions to ensure their timely organization.
- Topic: Political Economy, Politics
- Political Geography: Africa, Sudan, Middle East