You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Political Geography Pakistan Remove constraint Political Geography: Pakistan Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Topic Islam Remove constraint Topic: Islam
- Author: Selina Adam Khan
- Publication Date: 09-2015
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: United States Institute of Peace
- Abstract: The December 2014 terrorist attack in Peshawar that killed 132 schoolchildren forced Pakistan to acknowledge the extent of its ongoing problem with radical Islamist militancy. Islamabad, however, has yet to implement a comprehensive deradicalization strategy. In January 2015, it took a formal step in this direction with its twenty-point National Action Plan in response to the Peshawar attack—a step, but only a first step. If deradicalization is to meet with any success in Pakistan, the national narrative itself needs to change.
- Topic: Conflict Prevention, Political Violence, Islam, Terrorism
- Political Geography: Pakistan, South Asia