You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Political Geography Caribbean Remove constraint Political Geography: Caribbean Topic Arms Control and Proliferation Remove constraint Topic: Arms Control and Proliferation
- Publication Date: 01-2006
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Oxfam Publishing
- Abstract: Armed violence continues to ravage the lives of many people in Portau-Prince, the capital of Haiti, despite the presence of the UN Stabilisation Mission in Haiti (MINUSTAH). Armed groups in the poor areas—some loyal to former President Aristide, some loyal to rival political factions, and some criminal gangs—have battled against the Haitian National Police (HNP) and UN military, and against each other.
- Topic: Conflict Resolution, Arms Control and Proliferation
- Political Geography: Caribbean, Haiti