You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution Women In International Security (WIIS) Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Women In International Security (WIIS) Publication Year within 3 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 3 Years Topic Domestic politics Remove constraint Topic: Domestic politics
- Author: Sarah Kenny
- Publication Date: 08-2019
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Women In International Security (WIIS)
- Abstract: The alt-right, an expression of far-right violent extremism, presents a security risk to citizens in the United States and around the world. As globalization, mass immigration, and multiculturalism flourish, various collectives of fearful individuals and populist politicians will continue to embrace ethnonationalist worldviews and employ violent means to enforce them. To combat this security risk, it is essential to acknowledge that women make significant contributions to the altright and violent extremism. Women can no longer be misrepresented and excluded from efforts to prevent and counter this form of violent extremism. Exclusion has proven both disingenuous and dangerous along the road to realizing a comprehensive threat analysis and strategy.
- Topic: Gender Issues, Terrorism, Women, Domestic politics, Gender Based Violence , Far Right
- Political Geography: United States