You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution United States Institute of Peace Remove constraint Publishing Institution: United States Institute of Peace Political Geography Pakistan Remove constraint Political Geography: Pakistan Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Topic Bilateral Relations Remove constraint Topic: Bilateral Relations
- Author: Ishrat Husain, Muhammad Ather Elahi
- Publication Date: 08-2015
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: United States Institute of Peace
- Abstract: Pakistan and Afghanistan are among each other’s largest trading partners. Though an agreement was signed in 2010 to strengthen trade relations and facilitate Afghan transit trade through Pakistan, implementation has been mixed, with many on both sides of the border complaining of continued barriers to exchange. Both nations need to improve trade facilitation through streamlined payments settlement and improved insurance mechanisms, the use of bonded carriers, visa issuance, trade financing, tax collection, and documentation.
- Topic: Economics, Foreign Exchange, International Trade and Finance, Bilateral Relations
- Political Geography: Pakistan, Afghanistan