You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution United Nations University Remove constraint Publishing Institution: United Nations University Political Geography Iraq Remove constraint Political Geography: Iraq Topic Religion Remove constraint Topic: Religion
- Author: Vesselin Popovski, Nicholas Turner
- Publication Date: 01-2007
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: United Nations University
- Abstract: Decisions over the use of force are the most significant and dangerous that leaders must take, both morally and in terms of achieving their goals. Consideration of the reasons that can justify behaviour resulting in the elimination of human life is as philosophical and ethical as it is political and legal. In the context of exponential increases in the destructiveness of war, particularly with the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, such consideration assumes an even greater significance.
- Topic: Conflict Prevention, Security, Peace Studies, Religion
- Political Geography: Afghanistan, Iraq, Kosovo