You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution The Geneva Centre for Security Policy Remove constraint Publishing Institution: The Geneva Centre for Security Policy Political Geography Egypt Remove constraint Political Geography: Egypt Publication Year within 25 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 25 Years Topic Civil Society Remove constraint Topic: Civil Society
- Author: Walter Feichtinger
- Publication Date: 04-2011
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: The Geneva Centre for Security Policy
- Abstract: The revolts in Tunisia and Egypt were effective in ousting the regimes of Ben Ali and Mubarak, bringing rumor and protests to Yemen, Syria and other places and starting a violent revolution against Muammar Gaddafi – but it remains to be seen whether the abrupt achieved cohesion among the protesters will overcome the political transformation and bridge long existing gaps between the various groups and factions in these countries. Demonstrations in Tunisia, and also in Egypt, indicate that there is limited cohesion and tolerance within politics and civil society when it comes to tackling daily problems and finding lasting solutions.
- Topic: Civil Society, Democratization, Regime Change
- Political Geography: Yemen, Arabia, Syria, Egypt, Tunisia