You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution Stockholm International Peace Research Institute Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Stockholm International Peace Research Institute Political Geography Russia Remove constraint Political Geography: Russia Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Topic United Nations Remove constraint Topic: United Nations
- Author: Xenia Avezov, Timo Smit
- Publication Date: 09-2014
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Stockholm International Peace Research Institute
- Abstract: The transition towards multipolarity in the international system has concerned many observers in recent years. They fear'an era of disorder and greatly diminished multilateralism owing to miscalculation, uncertainty and distrust between the new and established powers'. This is based partly on the assumption that multipolarity will create competition rather than cooperation as international actors promote or object to intervention in conflicts based on their own geostrategic, economic or political interests.
- Topic: Security, United Nations
- Political Geography: Russia, United States, China, Syria