You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution SETA Foundation for Political, Economic and Social Research Remove constraint Publishing Institution: SETA Foundation for Political, Economic and Social Research Political Geography Europe Remove constraint Political Geography: Europe Topic Foreign Policy Remove constraint Topic: Foreign Policy
- Author: Dov Friedman
- Publication Date: 09-2012
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: SETA Foundation for Political, Economic and Social Research
- Abstract: The United States presidential election in November comes at a crucial moment in world affairs, particularly in the Middle East. The year-long uprising in Syria has devolved into civil war. The conflict between Iran, on the one hand, and the U.S., Europe, and Israel, on the other, has not been diffused. The transition of power in Iraq and the planned force reduction in Afghanistan suggest that both countries will continue to experience marked change. The future of relations with new governments in Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, and Yemen must be reshaped.
- Topic: Foreign Policy, Weapons of Mass Destruction, Nuclear Power
- Political Geography: United States, America, Europe, Middle East, Libya, Yemen, Arabia, Syria, Egypt