You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies Remove constraint Publishing Institution: S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies Political Geography East Asia Remove constraint Political Geography: East Asia Topic Security Remove constraint Topic: Security
- Publication Date: 03-2014
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies
- Abstract: Food security encompasses multiple, inter-connected dimensions, from production-related concerns, to market and price dynamics, environmental trends and policy approaches. Given this, 'robustness', the ability to withstand disruptions to the various dimensions, is critical to food security. Yet, countries in Southeast Asia continue to be largely focused on domestic production alone, which is unsustainable in the long run. This Policy Brief suggests that, in order to increase food security robustness, countries could turn to regional-level action. Towards this end, an analysis using the Rice Bowl Index is used to identify possible areas of cooperation and collaboration at the regional level.
- Topic: Security, Agriculture, Economics, Environment, Markets, Food
- Political Geography: East Asia