You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution Oxford Economics Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Oxford Economics Political Geography Czech Republic Remove constraint Political Geography: Czech Republic Publication Year within 25 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 25 Years Topic Financial Crisis Remove constraint Topic: Financial Crisis
- Publication Date: 05-2012
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Oxford Economics
- Abstract: GDP fell by a larger than expected 1% on the quarter in 2012Q1 according to initial data released in mid-May. As a result, we now expect GDP will fall 1.1% in 2012. On the political side, the government has avoided a snap election by surviving a confidence vote on 27 April. However, it will find it harder to stick to its austerity plans as its majority was weakened by the vote. Under current policies, we now expect the fiscal deficit to rise to 3.6% of GDP in 2012 from 3.1% in 2011 due to the weakness of the economy.
- Topic: Democratization, Economics, Government, International Trade and Finance, Politics, Financial Crisis
- Political Geography: Czech Republic