You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution Norwegian Peacebuilding Resource Centre Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Norwegian Peacebuilding Resource Centre Political Geography Arabia Remove constraint Political Geography: Arabia Topic Diplomacy Remove constraint Topic: Diplomacy
- Author: Øystein Rolandsen, Jacob Høigilt
- Publication Date: 07-2010
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Norwegian Peacebuilding Resource Centre
- Abstract: The conflict in Sudan's western province of Darfur has revived even as the peace talks in Qatar between Sudan's government and the rebel Justice and Equality Movement (JEM) seem to have collapsed. Egypt has hitherto refrained from involvement in negotiations to end the conflict, a strategy that has contributed to further diminishing Cairo's already weakened status as a major player in regional politics and diplomacy.
- Topic: Conflict Resolution, Diplomacy, Ethnic Conflict, War
- Political Geography: Africa, Sudan, Arabia, Egypt