You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution Maritime Institute of Malaysia Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Maritime Institute of Malaysia Political Geography United Nations Remove constraint Political Geography: United Nations Topic Development Remove constraint Topic: Development
- Author: Nazery Khalid
- Publication Date: 03-2010
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Maritime Institute of Malaysia
- Abstract: The tremendous growth of shipping activities in Malaysia over the years underlines the value of the maritime sector to its economic well-being and the importance of the seas to the lives of its people. Malaysia has emerged as a leading maritime nation in terms of merchant shipping capacity. United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) ranked Malaysia 18th in a list of 35 most important maritime countries and territories as of 1 January 2008 in terms of deadweight tonnage (DWT) of its merchant vessels (including national and foreign flagged).
- Topic: Development, Industrial Policy, International Trade and Finance, Maritime Commerce
- Political Geography: Malaysia, United Nations, Southeast Asia